The Archery facilities include a well lit, 16 lane, 20 yard indoor range and a 14 target, 10-80 yard outdoor range. Special rules change regarding crossbows, 4/3/11. The club’s backstops are not designed to stop crossbow bolts.Bolts completely pass through and hit the wall on the indoor range. Other bolts get embedded up to the nock in the backstop and removal causes damage to the backstops.
Update: 2/2017 - New Big Shot targets (made from military grade ballistic material) have been installed. The new targets are expected to last five years.
- 1. A bow with “nocked” arrows must always be pointed in a safe direction.
- 2. No nocking of arrows while others are downrange.
- 3. All archers must shoot from the same shooting line.
- 4. All archers must pull their arrows from targets at the same time.
- 5. Children under the age of 16 18 must be supervised by an adult.
- 6. Only paper targets, posted on bales can be used on all ranges.
- 7. Indoor archers musts supply their own targets. They must be removed and properly disposed of when finished shooting.
- 8. Do not walk through the outdoor archery course in reverse order.
- 9. Any arrows found on the archery range are to be left in the Association Clubhouse.
- 10. No broadheads are to be used on any archery ranges.
- 11. No firearms or air guns are to be use on any archery ranges.
- 12. Crossbows may be used on all archery ranges.
- 13. Keep your shooting area cleaned at all times.
- 14. Lock all doors, windows, and turn off all lights and heater before you leave Association property.
Rules and regulations for hunting the SCCS&FA outdoor archery range:
- Members Only (No guests)
- 2 Hunters per day
- Cost: $20 per day per hunter
- All Pennsylvania Game Laws and SCCS&FA club rules must be followed
- Must sign in and out at the club house
- Display hunting warning sign on dash while hunting. Pick up sign from back of sign-in book
- Hunting on SCCS&FA property is archery (bow & crossbow) only
- Hunters under 18 must be accompanied by an adult with one shared bow/crossbow
- No permanent stands may be erected
- Temporary stands may be used and must be labeled with owner’s name and membership number at all times
- Stands must be taken down within one week of the season’s end
- Safety harness must be used when in stands
- Please drop a note in the suggestion box located in lobby regarding harvested deer sex and number of points (if buck)