Procedure for New Membership:
The registration process is completed online. Applicants wishing to apply should register for orientation. If the club is accepting new members, you will find all scheduled orientation events here. No registrations will be accepted in person or via email.
All new members are encouraged to join the National Rifle Association and maintain an active NRA membership. We recommend you sign up with the NRA for a multi-year membership. If you are not an NRA member you can purchase a membership (at a discount) through SCCS&FA by clicking here.
All new memberships are contingent upon approval by the Executive Board of Directors. All memberships are valid from October 1 to September 30 of each year. Renewals will not be accepted after September 15th.
Procedure to Join
1. Complete the subscription form above to start the process. Due to the backlog, it could take over a year to receive an invite. Once you are contacted you must complete a membership application, liability waiver and complete an online new member orientation. The email you use to complete the subscription form must be used throughout the process.
2. Once invited, you have 14 days to sign up for a new member orientation and pay the non-refundable $125 event fee. ($25 for spouse)
3. Complete the Virtual/Online 'New Member Orientation' after completing the following steps:
4. Attend Mentoring Sessions (Mandatory):
5. If you are accepted, a prorated membership dues invoice will be created and posted to your SCCSFA.org account. SCCSFA does not currently offer auto-renew memberships. You are required to renew yearly to keep your membership active. There are NO refunds for membership dues once you are issued your membership card. There are NO refunds for new member orientation fees, regardless of whether or not you successfully complete the membership intake process. Invoices are delivered via email and only credit card payments are accepted.
6. SCCSFA does NOT require you to have a sponsor to join.
7. All club members must keep an active email account on file, as all communications are delivered via email.
8. A valid US Drivers License, State ID Card or Passport must be presented to the membership and/or mentoring volunteer to verify the identity of all applicants.
New Members Restrictions:
1. Are considered probationary members for one calendar year (12 months);
2. Cannot bring a guest for the first calendar year from the date of orientation (12 months);
Current Annual Membership Rates:
The Membership committee (firstname.lastname@example.org) will be happy to answer any questions that new/current members may have about this process.