Intro to Competitive Shooting
An introductory course to competitive shooting sports, with a primary focus on IDPA (International Defensive Pistol Association).
Each student will be paired with one RSO (Range Safety Officer) during live fire.
The Class will be held at SCCS&FA, with both classroom and live shooting time. Members only.
1. Classroom (~2.5 hrs + lunch included)
- Safety rules
- Range commands
- Equipment requirements
- Match rules
- Basic shooting skills
2. Live shooting (~4 hrs)
- Drawing from holster
- Target acquisition
- One handed shooting
- Shooting from covers, time permitting
- IDPA Classifier practice
- Semiautomatic pistol only, .380 acp or larger caliber
- 3+ Magazines
- Sturdy gun belt that stays inside pants loops
- Rigid, strong side, outside waistband (OWB) holster only, Kydex strongly preferred (SERPA not allowed)
- OWB magazine pouch
- Ear protection - electronic type recommended
- Eye protection - shooting glasses preferred, safety glasses OK, regular eyewear not allowed
- Prior basic firearm training courses,
- Proficient in firearm handling and range safety, and
- Mentally prepared for shooting under stress.
If you have any questions, please contact the course instructor at firstname.lastname@example.org
You will receive more information through email once your registration is complete.
Registration fee is NOT refundable. In case of class cancellation due to weather or any unforeseen circumstances beyond our control, you will be notified through email, you can then either transfer your registration to the makeup class, or get refunded.