An introductory course to competitive shooting sports, with a primary focus on IDPA (International Defensive Pistol Association).
Each student will be paired with one RSO (Range Safety Officer) during live fire.
The Class will be held at SCCSFA, with both classroom and live shooting time.
The course will cover:
1. Classroom (~2.5 hrs + lunch included)
- Safety rules
- Range commands
- Equipment requirements
- Match rules
- Basic shooting skills
2. Live shooting (~4 hrs)
- Drawing from holster
- Target Acquisition
- Shooting from covers
- One handed shooting
- IDPA Classifier practice
- Semiautomatic pistol only, .380 acp or larger caliber
- Magazines, min 2, 3 preferred
- Gun belt that stays inside pants loop
- Rigid, strong side, outside waistband (OWB) holster only, Kydex strongly preferred (SERPA not allowed)
- OWB magazine pouch
- Ear/Eye protection
- Prior firearm training courses
- Proficient in firearm handling and range safety
- Mentally Prepared for shooting under stress
If you have any questions, please contact the course instructor at firstname.lastname@example.org
You will receive more information through email once your registration is complete.
Registration fee is NOT refundable. In case of class cancellation due to weather or any unforeseen circumstances beyond our control, you will be notified through email, you can then either transfer your registration to the makeup class, or get refunded.