The registration process is completed online. Applicants wishing to apply should register for orientation. If the club is accepting new members, you will find all scheduled orientation events here. No registrations will be accepted in person.
All new members must also be a member of, or be prepared to join the National Rifle Association. We recommend you sign up with the NRA prior to filling in your membership application online. NRA membership must be maintained during your association with the club in order to renew. NRA information entered in the application is electronically verified monthly with the NRA. You may be required to show Proof of NRA membership (card or magazine label) before you can receive your club membership. If you are not an NRA member you can purchase a membership through SCCS&FA by clicking here.
All new memberships are contingent upon approval by the Executive Board of Directors. All memberships are valid from October 1 to September 30 of each year, and pro-ration of fees will be for new members joining part way through the year only. Late renewals will not be accepted after December 31.
Procedure to Join
1. Subscribe to be invited to New Member Orientation. Once invited you must complete your new orientation event payment to reserve your spot. If no events are listed, membership is closed. You will receive an email with your login account info from sccsfa.org. The email confirmation will contain the link to fill out the application online. You will need to login using the username and password sent to you in order to fill out the application. (See item 6 regarding payment)
3. Show up for New Member Orientation on the date and time scheduled. Bring a copy of your valid NRA Membership.All NRA memberships must valid until Sept 30th of the current year. When renewing it must be until Sept 30th of the following year. NRA Membership proof must show your Name, NRA member number and Expiration Date.
4.. Sit through New Member Orientation Class only after completing the following steps:
Filling out the registration form below and submitting a completed application online
(Check your orientation confirmation email for the application link to the applications)
Read the rules. Write down any questions you have to the new member orientation.
5. Attend Mentoring Sessions (Mandatory):
All prospective members must come to 3 mentoring sessions, usually lasting 1 hour in length .
Mentoring will be scheduled after the orientation using an electronic means.
Rules and proficiency will be closely observed.
If you still don’t feel comfortable about your familiarity with the rules or safety proficiency please let your mentor know. Additional visits can be arranged with a mentor.
If you are friends with an SCCSFA mentor, you may NOT be mentored by them.
6. The mentor/mentors assigned to you will submit the report and their recommendations and you will be notified of whether or not you will be accepted as a member of the association.
7. If you are accepted, an invoice will be created an posted to your SCCSFA.org account. You do not need to pre-pay during the application process. SCCSFA does allow for auto-renew memberships, however you must You are required to renew yearly to keep your membership active. There are NO refunds for membership dues once you are issued your membership card. There are NO refunds for new orientation fees, regardless of whether or not you successfully complete the membership intake process.
8. SCCSFA does NOT require you to have a sponsor to join.
Any person who is not accepted as a member on the grounds of safety proficiency may upon taking an NRA certified basic shooting class & passing, resubmit for acceptance into membership.
1. Are considered probationary members for one calendar year (12 months);
2. Cannot bring a guest for the first calendar year from the date of orientation (12 months);
Current Annual Membership Rates:
Member over 62: $75
Spouse (any age): $25
Conservation: $25 (Current members to hold spot)
Guest Passes: $5 per guest per day, purchased by members only
Gate card, first issue: $5
Gate card replacement: $10
Replacement member card: $10
First-year membership fees are pro-rated for general members and general members over 62 by taking the membership fee and dividing by the number of months remaining in the term before renewal date of Oct 1st. Spouse membership fees are fixed at $25
eg. A general member who has completed mentoring and is accepted in the month of April would expect to pay $50.00 for membership, in addition to the $100 1st year fee and $5 gate card fee.
A general member, 62+ who has completed mentoring and is accepted in the month of April would expect to pay $37.50 for membership, in addition to the $100 1st year fee and $5 gate card fee.
A spouse would pay $25 membership fee and a $5 gate card fee. A child turning 18 would pay $100 membership fee and a $5 gate card fee.
The Membership committee (email@example.com) will be happy to answer any questions that new/current members may have about this process. You